Search This Blog

Monday 14 March 2011

Recap/Looking Ahead

I'm actually running a little behind on these blog updates but I feel now would be a good time to reflect on the course so far, and my thoughts for the future.  A little "meta-reflection"

We have already started the next group assignment which has allowed me to move into a different working group, and has allowed us a little more freedom to move within a given brief.  I felt that the initial projects with the Mindstorm kits were albeit challenging, they were limited in how far we could really differentiate what we were doing from one another.  Maybe I'm trying to run before I learn to walk here (I realise we were still learning the programme with our previous projects).  I can't wait for the coursework to open up, so I can see what we're all capable of, myself included.

For the future, most of all I'm feeling like i want to crack into some larger projects both to see some more results, and work with some different people.  We have such a diverse little community of individuals working in the BCT department.

p.s.  Finding myself spending a lot of time playing with photoshop developing digital illustration techniques now that I have access to it anytime I feel like.  If anyone from BCT (or otherwise) who's into that sort of thing does find themselves on here, and you happen to read this particular entry, we should tee something up. I know I have a lot to learn and a lot of practise to do, if anyone's willing to teach or work together.

Chur.

No comments:

Post a Comment